Ms Sharon Lund – Education
Ms Sandra Reynolds- Education
Mrs Margaret Wray – Education
Kindergarten is an important year in your child’s development and we look forward to sharing those developments with you. The educational aims of Kindergarten are:
- to provide a smooth transition from home to school;
- to develop a positive self-image;
- to encourage children to become self-reliant and to make their own choices;
- to foster creativy;
- to develop an awareness of God; and
- to develop early literacy and numeracy skill.
The skills children will learn whilst at Kindergarten include but are not limited to:
- being away from my parents – which may take some time;
- learning to work with other children;
- learning to share and cooperate;
- learning simple school rules and routines;
- learning to accept and choose; and
- learning to share my family and experiences with others.
Kindergarten at Holy Spirit runs three full days per week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 9.10am-2.50pm. Our doors open at 8.50am to allow children to unpack their bags and enjoy a puzzle or story with you before the bell rings at 9.05am.