Mrs Georgina Webster – Education
Ms Sandra Reynolds – Education
Pre-Kindergarten is available for children 3 years old on Tuesday and/or Thursday from 9.00-2.45.
Pre-Kindergarten is structured on the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) which aims for all children to experience play-based learning that is engaging and builds success for life.
Through play children learn to:
- make sense of their world;
- develop and explore their own interests and ideas;
- develop curiosity, creativity and problem solving skills; and
- build relationships, social skills and language.
Children’s Daily Requirements
- Bag – with their name clearly written on it.
- Hat – the school has a ‘NO HAT, NO PLAY IN THE SUN’ policy.
- Sunscreen – please ensure that you put sun-screen on your child every morning to promote sun-safe behaviour. The Pre-Kindy has a supply of sunscreen if you forget and need some.
- Fruit/Lunch – each child will be required to bring a piece of fruit for shared morning tea and a packed lunch in a lunch box.
- Drink bottle – clearly labelled containing water.
- Change of Clothing – suited to the season, should be kept in a labelled plastic bag in your child’s school bag to allow us to quickly attend to accidents or spills.
- Nut Intolerant – please be aware that many children are allergic to nut products. Food with nuts or traces of nuts should not be brought to Pre-Kindy and your child will not be able to eat them if they do bring them in.
Please ensure all items bag, hat, bottle, lunch box and clothing is clearly labelled with your child’s name.
For further details on the requirements and routine for Pre-Kindy please click here.